Sunday, August 9, 2009

my foot ~almost~ cure

STILL NOT RUNNING>>>

I have a VERY close relationship with my podiatrist. And for those of you who know me.. I DON'T like feet and even worse, REALLY don't like people touching my feet. I have been on three different anti-inflammatory drugs. They give me horrible canker sores.. Dr. also gave me a topical anti-inflam.. It was awesome. The only problem, was he gave me a sample tube. It lasted only one week. When I went to get my prescription filled it was $94. INSURANCE WOULDN'T PAY FOR IT BECAUSE IT IS TOO NEW.. Needless to say, I didn't get it. It wasn't doing too much more than the pills were.

A friend of mine is a 3rd year resident. He (with the experience he has) has not seen a tarsal tunnel injury heal on its own without surgery. GREAT!

Anyway, my physical therapist (I have a medical professional for just about anything anymore), who is also my favorite babysitters mom showed me a way to wrap my foot a while back. The ball of my foot and around was hurting when I first started running. I decided to use that wrap to see if it would help. Do you know it is helping? I don't think it is healing it, but it does take away some of the pain.. I am not sure if I can wrap my foot everyday forever, but it is a fix for now. I go to the doctor on Wednesday...AGAIN. Hopefully he will say I can run.

The Arc Trainer at the gym has been a lifesaver. It is kind of like an elliptical, but different. I am still holding out hope I will get to run a 10k in DC in October.
I took a photo of it and sent it to blogger via my phone, but it hasn't shown up yet.

We are leaving for vacation soon. St. Lucia by way of Illinois. Yes my friends (if there are any left out there) Randy and I are going on a vacation for our 10Th anniversary. Of course we are going in August instead of October because then the girls will be in school. We are dropping the kiddos off with my family and heading out. Oh sun... Oh beach... Oh endless all inclusive drinks..

1 comment:

joanna said...

I feel your pain (not in the same way you do I'm sure!) on the running. But Happy Anniversary Trip!