Tuesday, December 8, 2009

cars cars everywhere


So we have started the lovely task of getting new cars. When we were first married, we bought new cars one year apart. Well, that was 10 years ago. We both are getting to the point where we need new cars. There is one difference between then and know. We have have 2 kids and can't purchase two cars at the same time. So we have been weighing the options of who gets the new car first and how long we wait. Yesterday we drove 4 cars. Two of the cars were while Cait was in preschool and the other 2 were after preschool. First we went to the Nissan dealership. They were the rudest people we have EVER seen. We were in and out of there in less than five minutes. The car they showed us was covered in mud, the pockets in the doors were stuffed with trash, there was a car seat and 3 or 4 coats in the backseat. If we would have wanted to sit in it, we would have been shoving things out of the way. It was disgusting. So then we headed off to the BMW dealer. This is Randy's dream car. I personally don't see any difference in that car vs. a less expensive car, but then what do I really know. Anyway, we drove the 228 and the 335. I would be very nervous if he got the 335. He has a hard time remembering when he is in a jet and when he is in a car to begin with. This car would only intensify matters.. IT is FAST..
They were however, extremely nice there.


Then it was off to the Nissan dealer in another town. They were much nicer. The first car we drove was the Maxima.. Now I love this car. But I grew up with Nissans so I am partial to them anyway. Randy seemed to really like it. It drove nice too. Then as we were pulling back on the lot, I asked him if he had any Armadas..He said, "oh yes, right here, do you want to drive one?"
me: "UMMMM YESS!!' For a beast (which any of those big SUV's are) I LOVED it. I got those butterflies in my stomach and it just felt cozy. I have also driven an Expedition for the last 10 years. It is big and trucky. The Armada is big, but feels like a car.. Ahh heaven.


So which car did we choose? Well, none of them. We are in the early stages, but I think we have it narrowed down.. But the car payment, that will be quite an adjustment. We haven't had one of those in 4 years.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Car payments SUCK!!!! I totally wish we didn't have one. Though it is definitely nice not having to drive a clunker anymore!

What colors would you want?

joanna said...

good luck with the car hunt! I don't know that bmw would be my first stop after nissan - but then I usually don't plan out the purchase very well. I think all our cars were semi-impulse buys. Guess we got lucky they turned out well!